Looking to cook up a delicious and tender beef tenderloin? Look no further than wine roasted beef tenderloin! This delicious dish is easy to make and will have your family and guests begging for seconds. Plus, it's a great way to show off your culinary skills. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps needed to make wine roasted beef tenderloin successfully. So read on, and get ready to impress your loved ones!
Garlic and Wine Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a peppery crust, is served with juicy roasted tomatoes and a beet, greens and feta salad.
Hi Guys! How are you doing? Are you ready for a delicious post? I hope you are as I have a delicious Wine Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a pepper crust, roasted mini tomatoes and thyme served with a delicious beet salad with feta and white wine vinaigrette dressing part of the Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits.
Guys, when life gets crazy busy, how do you manage to stay healthy? How do you find ways to sneak in some green stuff into your diet that will provide nutrition? Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month? I have a delicious and convenient way for you to get on your daily superfood intake.
To make sure that I enjoy a nutritional meal every day, I tend to come up with easy, homemade dinners that can compliment a delicious salad. I love the Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits, because I can easily just toss one into my bag, put it in the fridge at work and enjoy it later for lunch. Or, I make an easy dinner and serve the salad on the side, I like this option a lot for entertaining.
These chef-inspired salad kits offer sophisticated blends of five or more superfoods and include everything needed for a delicious salad. Perfect for those looking for innovative, convenient and healthy eating options that are easy to integrate into busy lives.
To make weeknight dinners quick, healthy and delicious I come up with easy recipes, that won’t take too much prep work. Take this Wine Roasted Beef Tenderloin as an example, all I had to do is just marinate the beef the night before, which takes minutes, the next day I just browned it and put it in the oven. Once the beef was ready I opened and mixed my Eat Smart Beets and Greens Salad Kit, which is a powerful combination of six superfoods with perfectly cooked beets, kale, beet greens, red chard, Red Cabbage and broccoli, topped with golden raisins, feta cheese and white wine vinaigrette for a sweet, savory and healthy flavor. Gotta love the convenience, everything is perfectly sealed and packaged for the most amazing fresh texture and flavor!
WINE ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- ½ Beef Tenderloin (2.5lbs)
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic head/ 7-8 cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted
- ½ cup mixed whole pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup mini cherry tomatoes
- 4 fresh thyme sticks
- 1 Eat Smart Beets and Greens Salad Kit
- One night before cooking prepare the marinade.
- In a large bowl mix red wine, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Rinse meat well and trim away some of the fat, but not all. Using a fork, poke the meat, this will ensure the marinade gets deep into the meat.
- Place meat into a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over it. Place in the fridge for 24 hours, after 12 hours have passed, turn ziplock bag on the other side, to ensure uniform distribution of the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Remove meat from oven, discard the marinade.
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of oil to a small baking pan and set aside.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and when the skillet is hot add the remaining oil.
- When the oil is to the smoking point, place the tenderloin in the very hot pan to sear it. Be careful, as oil may pop from the skillet. Add 4 tablespoons of butter into the skillet and cover with a lid. Two, three minutes later, when one side is starting to turn nice and brown, flip meat to the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the tenderloin in the pan and cover with ½ cup of freshly ground pepper and a little sea salt. Press the pepper onto the surface of the meat. Put 4 tablespoons of butter over the meat and top with 3 fresh thyme sticks. Add tomatoes to the baking pan.
- Stick the long needle of the thermometer lengthwise into the meat and bake it until the temperature reaches just under 140 degrees, about fifteen to twenty minutes for a pink middle and about 30 minutes for meat on the medium - well done side.
- Remove meat from oven and let it stand ten minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
- Serve the meat with the salad on the side.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best temperature to cook a beef tenderloin?
For the best flavour and temperature, beef tenderloin should be cooked at 135 to 140 degrees.
How do you roast a beef tenderloin?
Roast a 2-½-pound beef tenderloin at 250°F for 20 minutes, uncovered. Then raise the temperature to 425°F. Roast until an instant-read thermometer placed into the thickest portion of the meat registers 135 degrees Fahrenheit (about 30 to 40 minutes). Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Should you sear beef tenderloin before roasting?
Searing and roasting beef tenderloin is the greatest method of cooking it. The tenderloin will have a lovely crusty brown exterior without being overcooked on the inside. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat with just enough vegetable oil to cover it.