I can hardly believe it is the last day of 2013! I know I say it every year, but this year has really flown by. It has been mostly a good year, save for my back injury. With the dawning of the New Year, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the highlights from this past year and also share my plans for A Heart Full of Love for 2014.
We got to travel to Disney World in March to see my son’s high school marching band perform in the Electrical Parade at the Magic Kingdom over Spring Break. That trip was full of firsts for my two youngest girls – first time to see the ocean, first time at Disney, first roller coaster ride… We had a blast!
I have been busy putting together a scrapbook of our trip – Project Life style – and have shared many of the layouts here on this blog. After a long, long hiatus from scrapbooking, I am finally committed to documenting our family’s memories again, thanks to the simplicity of Project Life. My layouts may never get me on a design team, but my kids love looking at them. And that’s what matters after all – preserving our precious memories. In 2014, look for even more Project Life scrapbooking layouts to inspire you to start documenting your own memories.
We moved into a new house over the summer. I forgot how much work it is to move! I love our new home and I have been enjoying all the little decorating projects that make a house a home. I look forward to sharing frugal decorating projects and tips here at A Heart Full of Love in the coming year.
In the fall, we turned into marching band groupies again as we followed my son around to all his marching band competitions. They had a great season with 4 grand championship titles and a superior rating at state finals. Are any of my other readers marching band parents?
At the beginning of October, I re-injured my ruptured disc. I originally ruptured the disc back in 2009 after a bad fall while we were hiking. I avoided surgery by having spinal shots. This time around, it has been much worse. I will be having surgery in early January and will be blogging about my experience. I know I am not the only mom out there with back issues. So I hope to connect with some of you who are going through or have gone through the same thing.
Our holidays were fairly low key this year as I wasn’t able to work the past couple of months due to the pain from my ruptured disc. The lack of funds made me get creative in my gift giving. It has also made me get back in touch with my frugal side. So in the coming year, I want to write more about ways families can save money. Due to my back issue, I didn’t get to share with you any of the Christmas projects I had planned. I am hoping to make up for that in the coming year!
In the spirit of looking back, here are my top craft and recipe posts from 2013 in case you missed them:
- Bunny Easter Basket Free Crochet Pattern
- Quick and Simple Fresh Pesto Recipe
- Simple Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Monster Eyes Halloween Wreath
- English Toffee Recipe
Looking forward to 2014:
- After recovering from my surgery, I am going to be jumping into winter sowing and seed starting inside under lights in preparation for my 2014 garden. I want to share more of my organic gardening experiences in the coming year as I think everyone should grow some of their own food.
- When it comes to feeding my family, I make nearly everything from scratch. I want to share more of that here on the blog to encourage other moms. I also want to write reviews for the kitchen products I own and love.
- I love making holiday decorations for our home. So in the coming year, I want to share more patterns and tutorials.
- Although I wouldn’t trade being a stay at home mom for anything, I know all too well how hard it can be to survive on one income in today’s economy. So I want to share more money saving tips as well as ways that stay at home moms can earn some extra income.
- I want to resume Sharing Sunday and turn it into a regular weekly link party. I also want to resume the Friday giveaway linky which fell by the wayside when I hurt my back.
I hope all my readers and their family have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and stay safe. Here’s to a wonderful 2014!