If you are ready to take the next step and turn your blogging hobby into a business, you might want to consider a professional web design. If you are treating your blog as a fun little diversion, your self-designed layout may be fine. But if you are wanting to take your blog to the next level, you may need a little help designing a site that will get others to take you serious as a blogger.
When I started out, I was using a free blogging platform and did the graphics myself. Mind you, I don’t have an artistic bone in my body. Although I was quite proud of my work at the time, when I think now about the early versions of my blog, I cringe. I eventually moved to a self-hosted blog on WordPress, and got serious about turning my blog into a business. I am happy to report that it worked. I may never get rich blogging, but I now earn enough that my husband no longer asks me to go back to work at the hospital. I have the freedom to stay at home with my kids and set my own schedule. I have to say it’s been a lot of work, but it is the most liberating thing I have ever done.
Do you dream about turning your blog into a work at home job? I think one of the best ways to turn your blog into a business is to start treating it like one. A good place to start is by considering your blog design. Here are 6 reasons why you might want to consider having a professional design your blog.
- First impressions are important. We have all heard that old cliche “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.” Well it’s true. If your site is cluttered and amateurish, do you really think a potential advertiser or PR rep is going to be impressed? Chances are, they will move on to someone else. You may be the best writer in the world, but you are going to miss out on amazing opportunities if your blog design is poor.
- It helps PR reps and potential advertisers know you take blogging seriously. Absolutely anyone can throw up a blog in minutes and start writing. But to start earning income from your blog, you need to present yourself as a professional. That all starts with having a well-designed site.
- It can be a huge timesaver. Creating a polished site is a lot of work and mom bloggers are notoriously busy. With all your blog and family obligations, do you have time to give your blog a makeover as well? It can be a huge amount of work to design a blog that is functional, easy to navigate, and aesthetically pleasing. It may be well worth it to hire a company who is experienced in web design. Leave the design to the professionals so you can focus more on your writing.
- It is an investment in the future success of your business. Ask yourself if having a more professional looking blog will help you achieve your goals. Keep in mind that any fees for professional web design services can be counted as a business expense on your taxes.
- Having a professional design your blog can help you rank better in the search engines. It’s no secret that bloggers want our sites to rank well with Google. Having a site that is SEO-friendly can make a huge difference in your traffic and standing with Google.
- A professional can give your site a responsive layout. With the explosion of tablet and smart phone use, have you ever considered what your site looks like on a smaller screen? A professional can help ensure your site looks good, no matter what platform is used to view it.
If you are ready to make that first step in turning your blog into a business, I invite you to check out HL Web Design. They create beautiful sites that are relevant to current digital trends. Not only can they make your site look attractive, but they can also help with the behind-the-scenes functionality, like responsive layouts, loading speed, and SEO. If you have decided to turn your blog into a business, let HL Web Design help you make a great first impression.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but all opinions stated are my own.