Confession time – I am not perfect suzy homemaker and often forget about laundry I have put in the washer. Sometimes it’s the next day before I remember to throw it in the dryer. I hate re-washing it but I don’t want my kids walking around with funky smelling clothes either. So what’s a busy momma to do?
If you are an imperfect homemaker like I am, here are 5 tips to keep your laundry smelling fresh and clean.
- Keep your washer clean. Use a special washer cleaner or do what I do and just run an empty load with hot water and a sprinkling of baking soda.
- Don’t overload your washer. I frequently try to see how much I can cram in the washer to avoid doing additional loads. However, this really prevents your washer from cleaning your clothes well and may not remove all the dirt and odors.
- Add vinegar to your rinse cycle. I was leery of this at first as I didn’t want my kids walking around smelling like pickles 🙂 However, vinegar acts as a fabric softener and can help eliminate any lingering odors. By the time the clothes are dry, you won’t smell any vinegar. Trust me!
- Set a timer or cell phone alert to help you remember to transfer your clothes into the dryer. If your washer is on a basement, like mine is, this practice may help you remember to get those clothes in the dryer before odors have the time to develop.
- If you are like me and frequently forget to transfer clothes into the dryer, use Purex Crystals Aromatherapy In Wash Fragrance Booster to help your laundry smell fresh and clean for weeks.
I got the chance to try Purex Crystals Aromatherapy In Wash Fragrance Booster (Energy scent) and let me tell you, it smells amazing. It has a light floral citrus scent that I loved. Purex Crystals Aromatherapy contain essential oils along with fragrance which helps the fragrance and freshness last for weeks.
I have used different brands of fabric softener and fragrance boosters and Purex Crystals by far last the longest. I don’t have to worry about clothes or towels getting that stale scent – even if it is the next day before I remember to throw the load in the dryers.
There are currently three varieties of Purex Crystals Aromatherapy In Wash Fragrance Boosters.
- Energy – which helps motivate you all day long with the scent of citrus.
- Well Being – which helps brighten your mood with the scent of fresh blossoms.
- Serenity – which helps calm your mood with the scent of water lilies.
Purex Crystals Aromatherapy started showing up in stores in Mid-October, so you should be able to find it in a grocery or discount store near you. To learn more about this wonderful helper for busy moms, be sure to visit http://www.purex.com/products/fragrance-boosters/purex-crystals-aromatherapy/
So tell me… Do you have any laundry confessions of your own? Share them below.