The older my kids get, the more hectic things get. Between running the kids to all their activities and working from home full-time, it is a wonder I ever get dinner on the table! On super-busy days, I really struggle with being able to serve my family a nice home-cooked meal. So I was very excited to be able to try Progresso’s new Recipe Starters. Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauces are designed to help you get meals on the table quickly.
Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauces come in several different varieties:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
We used Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portobella Mushroom cooking sauce this evening to make a quick Beef Stroganoff. Well I guess I should admit that my husband did all the work! I was swamped with work today and my sweet husband volunteered to make dinner. Fortunately, Progresso’s Recipe Starters made it so easy for him. He was able to have a yummy home-cooked meal on the table in about 30 minutes.
Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 tbs Olive Oil, divided
- 2 lbs Stir-Fry Beef (It’s already sliced for you and makes this recipe so easy! You can also use stew beef which is cut into chunks.)
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (18 oz) can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portobella Mushroom Cooking Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (We didn’t have any and left it out. It tasted fine without.)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 (16 oz) package of Whole Wheat Egg Noodles, cooked according to package directions
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat until hot. Cook beef in oil, stirring frequently until cooked through. Remove beef from skillet. Add the remaining tbs of oil to the skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Stir in Recipe Starters cooking sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occassionally, until sauce is thickened. Stir in sour cream until well blended then stir in beef. Serve over hot noodles.
*Recipe provided by Progresso
The verdict? Everyone thought it was quite tasty. It was definitely easier than making beef stroganoff from scratch. Plus my husband liked the fact that it was so quick to prepare. Progresso Recipe Starters would be great to have on hand for busy evenings when forgot to plan a meal. It definitely saved us from eating out tonight, that’s for sure!
Want to try Progresso Recipe Starters for yourself? Visit http://goo.gl/nkayO to download a printable coupon for $.65 off the purchase of 1 can of Progresso® Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce.
Want to win a Progresso Recipe Starters Prize Pack? One lucky A Heart Full of Love reader is going to win a prize pack that includes
- Two cans of Progresso Recipe Starters
- $10 Gift Card to purchase your recipe ingredients
- Progresso Recipe Starters recipe book, including 5 recipes to get you started
- Baking dish
- Measuring Cups
- Sauce Scraper
Entry is easy through the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a Progresso Recipe Starters prize pack of my own to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received and all opinions stated are my own.