Does your blog need more traffic? Is so, then this list of great places to promote your latest blog post is for you.
While writing is a huge part of blogging, people sometimes think it is the only part. So you have written a great post. It’s not going to do any good if no one sees it. The truth of the matter is that promotion is a big part of the equation, especially if you want to have a successful blog that generates income. And let’s face it, that is the ultimate goal of a lot of us mom bloggers, isn’t it?
I have a checklist that I go through each time I write a post to help spread the word about my latest content. So I thought I would share that with you today. I hope it is helpful.
Places to Promote Your Latest Blog Post
- Add your post to Submit Start immediately after you publish it.
- Link to your new post from other posts you have on a related topic. (Deep linking)
- Link to your blog post (when appropriate) from other blogs and sites you own. For example, I created the Sharing Sunday feature here are A Heart Full of Love to share and link to my writing on other blogs that own.
- Link to your post on any related Web 2.0 sites you have – like Squidoo.
- Pin your blog post on Pinterest.
- Add your blog post to any relevant Food and Craft Blog Link Parties over the next week.
- Send out a tweet about the post.
- Share your post on your Facebook page.
- Share your post on your Google+ page.
- Stumble your post.
- Share your post on the Bloggin’ Social Facebook Group. There are daily threads there where you can post requests for comments, pins, tweets, etc. (You need to be willing to return the favor though.)
- Share your post on Redgage.
- Write a short blurb about your post on Netleeks.
- Write a short top 5 list on List My Five and link back to your post in the resources.
- Leave relevant and meaningful comments on blogs with the Commentluv plugin installed. You can easily do this by entering their giveaways. I usually try to get 5 backlinks for each new post I write.
Did I leave out any great places to promote your latest blog post? What sort of promotion drives the most traffic to your blog? Feel free to leave a comment below.