With Halloween fast approaching, I couldn’t resist making a little something for The Little One’s doll. I settled on an American Girl Doll Halloween candy bucket. It worked up really quickly and is so cute. The free plastic canvas pattern could also be used to make little treat baskets for a Halloween party. I think they would be cute filled with candy corn.
American Girl Doll Halloween Candy Bucket
Free Plastic Canvas Pattern
- 1 sheet 7 count plastic canvas
- plastic canvas needle
- worsted weight yarn in orange, green, and black
- a plastic canvas hole counter (optional)
- needle threader (optional)
American Girl Doll Halloween Candy Bucket Patterns:
Cut 1 of each and stitch according to the graphs.
20 holes x 16 holes
The green and blue thin lines show where pieces are attached, so disregard for now.
20 holes x 16 holes
8 holes x 44 holes
2 holes x 26 holes
American Girl Doll Halloween Candy Bucket Assembly Intructions:
I do have to apologize for the lack of assembly pictures. I took them, but evidently my camera ate them
- Using orange yarn, whipstitch the pumpkin front to the long edge of the side piece. It will attach between the green arrows that are shown on the graph. When you get to the curved portion of the pumpkin front, I have allowed 5 holes to get you through the curve areas to the next straight edge of the pumpkin front. What I did was formed it to the curve and tacked it together with yarn scraps. I tied it together at the beginning and end of each straight edge. This way, I didn’t end up with a hole or 2 extra of the side piece when I was done stitching it to the front.
- Next you want to whipstitch the side to the pumpkin back, using the same scrap yarn method to make sure it is attached evenly.
- Using orange yarn, overcast around the top of the bucket, attaching 1 short edge of the handle where indicated on the front of the graph. Continue overcasting the edge until you get to the same spot on the pumpkin back and attach the other short edge of the handle. Finish overcasting.
I couldn’t resist putting one last picture in here with The Little One and her Julie American Girl doll. I think they look a bit alike!
If you like this American Girl Doll Halloween Candy Bucket free plastic canvas pattern, feel free to share it with your crafty friends using any of the buttons below. This post is participating in the link parties listed here.